So I made this recipe tonight and it was SO yummy! I LOVE truffles so any receipe I find with truffle oil I'm inclined to try. I can tell you that it was super easy to make and with the exception of not putting the top on the blender tightly the first time I blended and decorating my kitchen counter and floor with soup, the recipe was well worth it! Hope you enjoy, I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments.
- 2 ounces applewood-smoked bacon (about 2 1/2 slices), chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups 1-inch pieces cauliflower (cut from 1 large head)
- 3 1/2 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 1 3/4-inch cube Pecorino Romano cheese plus additional cheese shavings for serving
- White or black truffle oil (for drizzling)
Sauté bacon in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until golden brown and some fat renders. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Cover and cook until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Add cauliflower, 3 1/2 cups broth, and cheese cube. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
Puree soup in batches in processor. Return to same pan. Reheat in same pan to a simmer and season with salt and pepper to taste. Do ahead Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly; cover and chill. Rewarm before continuing.
Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with cheese shavings; drizzle with truffle oil.